The Festival of Engraving and Printmaking is an Art celebration that takes place every three years in Athens. It is an artistic gathering, during which the works showcased are selected with an emphasis on engraving and prints. New and innovative art created in Greece and abroad is presented through exhibitions, presentations, lectures, educational programs, and open artists' workshops.
The goal of the Festival is to:
• Familiarize the public with outstanding examples of the printmaking art.
• Contribute to the promotion and spread of Greek printmaking in Greece and abroad.
• Create a forum to promote contemporary printmaking, which will also highlight young artists.
• Establish a creative space for Greek and foreign artists to meet.
• Promote contemporary engraving and printmaking techniques.
• Promote all possible approaches to engraving and printmaking.
• Present other visual arts and how printmaking has influenced them.